Friday 15 December 2006

An Image..


I've been interested in photography since I was a teenager. My father bought me a decent SLR when I was seventeen (a Fujica STX-1N) and I got sought of hooked. I've had a bunch of different cameras since then, mostly SLRs and mostly secondhand.


This year my wife bought me a brand new digital SLR to use alongside the compact digitals I already own. The new Pentax *ist DL has only been on a couple of outings as I get used to using it and getting to grips with it's functions and menus.


Anyway, I took this shot using the Pentax during the late summer. It was taken about 3 miles from my house and shows the Brecon Beacons with Pen-Y-Fan in the distance. I live on the edge of the National Park, which is truly beautiful and totally awe inspiring during any season of the year, but possibly at it's grandest during the summer months.


It's a huge contrast to the west London suburbs where I grew up!


No comments: