Saturday 10 April 2010

Where did all the years go?




This week I decided to have a clear out of stuff to put on ebay. Partly to try and fund stuff for the workshop.
One of the things I dug out of the loft was my old Akai 4000DS Mk2 reel to reel tape deck. I ran a couple of tapes through it and ended up listening for HOURs! Such a rich, warm sound from this bit of 1970s Hi-Fi. Seems that music was more of a ritual back then, no remotes, no digital, just lose yourself in it all. Somehow CD, Mini-Disk, DVD and MP3 just don't have the same appeal?

I was intending to raise enough to buy the missing bits for the Unimat, but if I raise enough I might buy another one with all the bits and set that one up for milling and drilling so the bits are interchangeable. We'll see ........

Somehow I hope the Akai doesn't sell, sounds silly but there you go.

No comments: